Assistant Production Manager
The Assistant Production Manager for Clearbrook Grain & Milling Ltd. assists in ensuring smooth and efficient scheduling and delivery functions for the mill by maintaining quality production and efficient transportation of products, ensuring optimal production planning and logistical coordination of all the feed being produced and delivered from the plant.
- Together with the Production Manager, directs, plans, co-ordinates, and controls the sequencing and delivering of the product.
- Maintain and ensure execution of the Production Schedule: review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Breakdown, verify and process driver delivery paperwork.
- Assign drivers to trucks and provide accurate directions to customers.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and other hazards.
- Maintain accurate up to date information on delivery equipment so that drivers will know what they are driving and what is available for use at any given time during the day.
- Create, monitor and report on weekly and monthly logistics and production key performance indicators.
- Consult with Operators on quality issues; evaluate the overall QA performance of the manufacturing unit.
- Assist manager with Increasing production, assessing capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary cost and maintaining current quality standards.
- Track data for the efficiencies of the mill using appropriate software when applicable.
- Create and maintain production and manufacturing documentation.
- Identify relevant training needs and opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Participate in Mill Management meetings to plan out activities in future time periods.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Agriculture or Engineering.
- Two years managerial experience in a production facility.
- A minimum of 1 year working in logistics.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications as well in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of feed mill
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations and ordinances.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Physical strength and stamina to fulfill the required duties and responsibilities.
- First Aid skills and/or certificate an asset.
Please use the form below to provide your contact information and upload your cover letter and resume.