Accounts Payable Administrator
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Accounts Payable Administrator(18-month term) to join our team . The successful candidate will report to the Controller, and as a member of the Accounts team, be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate entry of AP information and payment processing.
- Responsible for the accurate coding and entering of invoices after ensuring reasonableness and adequate approvals for payments have been obtained.
- Checking invoices against contracts, or leases where applicable.
- Responsible for verification of quantities, pricing, special pricing programs (buys and rebates).
- Responsible for adjusting invoices for price and quantity variances – freight and duty/brokerage allocation.
- Responsible for allocating and posting inter-Company charges.
- Responsible for following-up with departments and suppliers on invoice issues.
- Responsible for administering employee expense reports.
- Process and pay company credit cards.
- Run a weekly payment report for approval and recommend vendor payments.
- Run weekly bill payment reports for online payments, ensuring all bill payments are paid on time.
- Responsible for preparing weekly EFT payments and cheque runs for all companies.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor files and ensuring that filing of accounts payable information is done on a timely basis.
- Responsible for generating reports to management as required, including weekly reports.
- Responsible for Vendors’ Statement Reconciliation.
- Providing periodic accruals of outstanding bills at period end close.
- Handling inquiries regarding the status of payments.
- Reconciling accounts payable sub-ledger to general ledger at each period end.
- Preparing accruals for period end.
Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable in a multi-company environment.
Accounting diploma or equivalent accounting courses.
- Goal-oriented and takes ownership over assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical – an investigator who follows through.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge; Great Plains experience an asset.
Please use the form below to provide your contact information and upload your cover letter and resume.