Class 3 Delivery Driver – Hatchery
Pacific Pride Chicks Ltd., part of the Friesen Group of Companies, is looking for a Class 3 Delivery Driver.
- Responsible for the delivery and pick-up of product (eggs and chicks) to meet market requirements, meeting company standards and governmental regulations. Overnight trips within western Canada and travel to the U.S. is required on an irregular basis.
- Responsible for pre-trip vehicle inspections, and en-route inspections of truck and product.
- Delivers and picks up products as required by assigned route, ensuring smooth fulfillment of daily tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Informs Supervisor immediately of concerns and /or problems.
- Informs Sales personnel immediately of concerns and/or problems upon delivery of products.
- Responsible for reporting general vehicle maintenance needs to ensure that the Company vehicles meet all regulatory(Company, Provincial and international)Guidelines.
- Responsible for vehicle cleanliness according to Company standards and policies.
- Maintains, updates and monitors all flock records and statistics according to Company standards.
- Maintains and represents a professional and positive image for the company at all times.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of Class 3 driving experience with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience must include driving a manual transmission truck, also highway and winter mountain pass driving.
- Demonstrate ability to operate the vehicle safely, including driving, loading, unloading, and brake adjustment.
- Must have a good command of the English language (verbal and written).
- Must possess a valid BC Class 3 driver’s license, with air brake endorsement
- Must possess valid driving documents (Canadian passport) without restrictions to enter the US.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack (electric and manual) is an asset.
Please use the form below to provide your contact information and upload your cover letter and resume.