Responsible to the Hatchery Operations Coordinator for the day-to-day operations of the hatchery.
• Monitors and assists in supervising all Hatchery employees and contractors to ensure smooth fulfillment of daily tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Coordinates with the Production Coordinator the supply of hatching eggs, pick up of hatching eggs, setting of hatching eggs, and chick delivery, ensuring efficient and cost-effective hatching and filling orders to customers.
• Responsible for sanitation and fumigation of hatchery facilities according to Company guidelines.
• Monitors correct function and operation of incubators and hatchers, and the incubating process from setting through to hatching, and informs the Operations Coordinator of needed repairs, etc.
• Responsible for routine health maintenance program and for the reporting of any problem to the immediate Supervisor.
• Assists the Operations Coordinator to develop, complete, monitor, evaluate and assess all hatchery records and statistics for quality and quantity of production.
• Responsible for monitoring alarm calls of the hatchery.
• Assists the Operations Coordinator in the implementation and operation of the HACCP program.
• One (1) year of directly related experience
• Post-secondary education in agriculture or related fields would be an asset
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Good working knowledge of agricultural production systems
• Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the job.
• Must possess a valid BC driver’s license
Please use the form below to provide your contact information and upload your cover letter and resume.